A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used to recognize to user.
What types of cookies does this website use?
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Own: They are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher himself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party: They are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Depending on the period of time they remain activated:
- Session: They collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent: The data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie.
Depending on its purpose:
- Technical: They allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist in it, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the login session, get access to restricted access areas, remember the items that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store contents for the publication of videos or sounds or share content through social networks.
- Personalized: They allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analytical: They allow the monitoring and further analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked (for example, in the measurement of the activity of the websites, elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of said sites with the purpose of introducing improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service).
- Advertising: They allow the management of the advertising spaces included in a web page based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising: They allow the management of the advertising spaces included in a web page and store information on user behavior obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on said profile.
On the website of www.fortunylegal.com, the following types of cookies are used:
- Name of the cookie: PHPSESSID
Type of cookie: Session
Purpose of the cookie: This cookie is used by the PHP encryption language to allow session variables to be saved on the web server. This cookie is essential for the operation of the website.
- Name of the cookies: _atuvc, _atuvs, _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmt, _utmz.
Type of cookie: Persistent
Purpose of the cookie: These cookies are established by Google Analytics to track the use of the website. These cookies are not established if cookies for this website are disconnected.
2. Third party cookies:
- Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to compile statistics on traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website, you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this regard must be done by communicating directly with Google.
- Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on buttons like “Like” or “Share”:
Also, it is possible that by visiting a website or by opening an email where an advertisement or some promotion about our products or services is published, a cookie is installed in your browser that helps us to later show you advertisements related to your search or monitor and supervise our ads in relation, for example, with the number of times they are seen, where they appear, what time they are seen, etc.
How to modify the configuration of cookies?
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- FireFox: support.mozilla.org/es/kb/Borrar%20cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es
- Safari: www.apple.com/es/privacy/use-of-cookies/
Specialists in Compliance and Corporate Criminal Defense. Prevention, reaction, training. Members of the Experts Committee that transposes ISO 37301 of CMS, and of the Board of Directors of the Association of Compliance Professionals (Cumplen).